Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back Where I Came From

It’s already time to leave and everything is already packed. I wait beside the door and looked at the yearbook and remembered all the things that had happened for the past three years. Funny though, all the persons who helped me were already gone beyond my sight. Suddenly, the sound of a motorbike engine fills my excited ears because the time of our departure is already near. An hour and a half pass and we arrived at the docks. You can already smell the sea breeze in the air. While we were waiting for the vessel to reach the docks, I sent text messages to my friends and mentors containing my farewell and thanksgiving. Remembering those who helped you can really make a departure scene really interesting. The seabirds are already alarmed by the loud sound of the ship’s horn. Finally after a few minutes, we entered the ship and settled in our cabins.


Night falls and we were already in the middle of the vast ocean. We looked backed at the place we came from and to our surprise; the darkness hid it from our eyes. We tucked in bed early so that we can be ready for our arrival at the city. The dream of tough life started playing in my mind. Everything was very complicated and but it was worth it. No man can reach his goals without bumping into a tough situations right? Even dogs would have to deal with these things. When our journey was almost over, the sun’s rays blinded our eyesight. The water became murky and the clear view became foggy. The stench of rotting trash was already in the air and I said to myself welcome back! Hope you will never leave again! At last the city is a meter away from me. Nothings change since the day I left it. The smog of the port is already blocking the captain’s binoculars; he find it difficult to maneuver the vessel to its right position.

We started to leave the vessel and we ventured our way out of the pier. As we were making our way home, I observed the daily situation here at the city. Unlike in the province, the roads here are much bigger and noisier. The sight of tricycle is converted into a sight of four wheeled vehicles. Cars, bus, trucks name it! Every mode of transportation that the human being had created is present in every street of the city. I find the sound of car engines and blow horns as the music that my ears missed. The blissful air of the country side left my lungs and the polluted air of the metropolis comes rushing in. I was in a complicated paradise but no one will really understand my meaning of a perfect home

We reached our home; simple and blessed. The things that I left was still the same but in my eyes it’s already changed. Maybe it’s because I left everything for three years and now I’m back where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment